Welcome to the NEW brick&mobile Forums!
Please sign up and get active. We're so happy you're here.

Offline Marketing Ideas

Thomas
If your business is focused locally it is important to take advantage of offline marketing in addition to your online efforts.

I have listed a few ideas to get you started (in no particular order):

1. Every Door Direct Mail Retail Program – The Every Door Direct Mail Retail program is designed to help small business owners send promotional material inexpensively to other local businesses within their area. You can send up to 5,000 postcards, flyers, etc., a day to small businesses in the zip code of your choosing.

Unfortunately, the Post Office does by route as opposed to a business/residential split, so you will be mailing to residential customers as well. It may not be laser focused but it will certainly get your name out there.

2. Meetup - For those of you who are more social, try attending Meetups. There are likely many in your area, some focused on networking and others that are not but may very well be worth attending. There is, of course, an App for Meetup (iOS & Android). You can discover all the information you will need right from your smartphone.

3. Sponsor a Local Event - There are many opportunities to sponsor events. To find events, check you local paper, bulletin boards in local businesses or grocery stores. You can call the organizers and ask them about sponsorship. Another option is to visit Sponsor My Event and search your area, the event will give you at least one amount option and describe the type of exposure your company will receive for that amount.

With event sponsorship it is always a good idea to have some promotional items from your company, pens, notepads, hats, t-shirts, etc.

4. Chamber of Commerce - Another great and inexpensive option is to join your local Chamber of Commerce. This will put you in touch with many other local businesses and give you the opportunity to show them why they would wan to work with you.

As stated above these are just a few ideas to get you started. For those of you who are already doing this successfully, share your ideas I know it will help others.

Comments